Cluck, cluck, cluck! Have you watched hens eating? They peck on the ground, bobbing their head back and forth! Don’t they look so amusing? Make your very own pet hen along with your preschooler. You can even make it bob back and forth, just like a real hen! So, go ahead and watch the bird watcher rocking hens activity video to know more.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Fine Motor, Story Tell, Creativity
- Paper plate
- A pair of scissors
- Sketch pen
Instructions for Bird Watcher Rocking Hens Activity
- Fold a paper plate in half and cut out two slits.
- Using a sketch pen, define the hen.
- Draw and cut out a beak and comb.
- Apply glue and stick the parts on the hen.
- Using a sketch pen, add the feathers .
- Dip your fingers in paint and finger-paint the hen.
Your bird watcher rocking hens activity is ready!
Introduce your preschooler to the hen. How about creating a smaller version and making rocking chicks! The rocking hens and chicks make for a fun story time prop. Here’s a line to get your story started: Mother hen was bobbing for seeds on the ground, when she found a…!
Activity by Vishwajeet