Here is a fun way to talk to your toddler about farm birds. Make birds out of balloons and have a chat! You will need a few balloons and keep your craft supplies ready. You may use these balloon birds as you want — as story props, farm hanging mobile, or simply as wall decors. No matter how you decide to use it, your little one is sure to enjoy it! Watch the farm adventure farm balloon birds activity video for a step-by-step.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Gross Motor, Problem Solving, Creativity
- Coloured papers
- A4 sheet
- Sketch Pens
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Farm Adventure Farm Balloon Birds Activity
- Blow the balloons and keep them ready.
- Let’s make a rooster. On a red coloured paper, draw and cut out the wattle and triangles for the comb.
- Take the yellow coloured paper and cut a small square. Fold it diagonally for the beak
- On the orange coloured paper, draw and cut out the legs for the rooster.
- On the A4 sheet, draw the wings for the rooster and cut them out.
- Help your child stick the wattle; triangles for the comb; beak; wings; legs on the balloon.
- With a black sketch pen, draw the eyes.
- In the same manner, create other farm birds as well.
- Once done, you may hang them with the help of some yarn.
The balloon birds are ready for your farm!
Once you complete making the balloons, introduce your toddler to the different farm birds and the sounds they make. Place all the balloons in a box or basket and make the noise of one of the birds. Encourage your child to identify and pick out the correct bird.
This activity helps your child develop their problem solving skills and also improves their creativity.
Activity by Vishwajeet