Does your preschooler love playing with colours? Now, let’s put that interest to good use by teaching them a new technique of painting. With this sensory activity, your child would paint the apples by fist printing. Their painting can also double up as an art piece! Check out the in the market Apple basket activity video below and make your own art piece!
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Coordination, Fine Motor, Sensory
- A4 sheet
- Coloured paper
- A pair of scissors
Instructions For In The Market Apple Basket Activity
- Encourage your child to roll their fist, dip it in the red paint and imprint all around the A4 sheet.
- Let them fill in the gaps on the fist imprints by finger-painting.
- Once dry, add the stem and the leaves.
- Tear thin long strips of brown coloured paper.
- Arrange and stick them over one another in the form of a basket.
Your apple basket is now ready!
How about experimenting with other colours? You may make basket of the different fruits of many colours. Then, pretend play as a market vendor. Allow your child to explore the different colours and create as many art pieces as they wish!
As your child creates imprints of fists to create their apples, their fine motor skills develop. They also explore their tactile senses.
Activity done by Vishwajeet