Ladybug, ladybug, crawling on my arm…! Use this activity to create a great sensory activity for your toddler. Toddlers love experiencing new and different tactile material! Create different textures with some household items. Check out this magical insects ladybug balloons activity video to know how.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 10 minutes
Skills Acquired: Fine Motor, Sensory, Explore
- Different materials (rice, flour, sand, water, grains, etc.)
- Pipe cleaner
Instructions for Magical Insects Ladybug Balloons Activity
- Fill balloons with different materials. We’ve chosen talcum powder, sand, and water.
- Dip your finger in paint and finger-paint the ladybug spots.
- Tie pipe cleaners on the balloon ends to create ladybug antennae.
- Once the paint has dried, encourage your little one to touch and feel the different balloons.
Your ladybug balloons are completed!
As your toddler touches and plays with each of the balloons, they’re fine motor muscles develop. The balloons provide a great texture for children to grab, pinch and squeeze.
Activity done by Vishwajeet