Here is a fun game to introduce your child to magnets and the concept of magnetic attraction — how some items get attracted to a magnet. Let them exercise their logic and reason with this maze game. All you need are a paper plate paper clip, and magnet. You are all set then! Take a quick look at the magical science magnetic bunny maze activity video and create a game of your own.
Parental Involvement : Medium
Duration : 30 minutes
Skills Acquired : Gross Motor, Logic & Reason, Play
- Paper plate
- Sketch pens
- A4 sheet
- Paper clips
- A pair of scissors
Instructions For Magical Science Magnetic Bunny Maze Activity
How to do?
- Using a sketch pen, draw a maze on the paper plate (Refer to video).
- In the centre of maze, draw and colour a few carrots.
- Draw a rabbit on a sheet of paper and cut it out.
- Tape a paper clip at the backside of the bunny cut-out.
How to play?
- Place the bunny cut-out at the start point of the maze.
- Using the magnet, encourage your child to guide the bunny around the maze to reach the carrots.
Did the bunny reach the carrots yet?
You may also make a few more animals and mazes along with your child. How about a helping a lion reach the den? Or, a bird to a nest?
Science behind it
When the magnet is placed at the bottom side of the paper plate, it attracts the bunny cut-out. The paper clip is made of a material which gets attracted by a magnet — such as iron, nickel, etc. The property of magnetic attraction is what we observe while guiding the bunny to the carrots through a maze.
Activity done by Vishwajeet