All the pretty flowers! Get ready to make a little flower basket and explore the world of flower vendors. All this requires are a few ice cream sticks, buttons, and coloured papers. Your toddler may lend a hand in making this pretty craft! Here’s the market fun flower basket activity to show you how.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Fine Motor, Sensory, Creativity
- Ice cream sticks
- Colour papers
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Market Fun Flower Basket Activity
- Apply glue on the four ice cream sticks and encourage your toddler to stick four ice cream sticks horizontally.
- Apply glue at the edges and stick the tube. The basket is ready.
- Fold small squares of the coloured papers in four. Trim at the one end of these papers.
- Fold one end to complete the flowers.
- Apply glue at different places on the basket and encourage your little one to stick the flowers.
- Apply glue and encourage your toddler to stick the buttons.
Your flower basket is all done!
Let your toddler pretend play with the basket as a flower seller. Ask them to identify the flowers by colours.
You may create more flowers by cutting out flower patterns and encouraging your little one to finger-painting them. You may also string the flowers together.
As your child helps you put the basket together, their fine motor movements improve. This apart their imagination enhances as they pretend play.
Activity done by Vishwajeet