What comes before and after 2? Instead of a question, wouldn’t it be fun for your child to play this instead? Recycle your old Flintobox and bottle caps to have a fun session of sequencing numbers with your little one. Take a quick look at the marvellous maths number sequence activity video below and let the fun begin!
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Logic & Reason, Fine Motor, Communication
- Cardboard strips
- Bottle caps
- Coloured paper
- A pair of scissors
Instructions For Marvellous Maths Number Sequence Activity
How to do?
- Using a marker, draw two lines to make three boxes on the cardboard strips.
- In the middle box, write down different numbers.
- Draw and cut out small circles from the coloured paper.
- Apply glue and stick the circles on the bottle caps.
- Once dry, write down the numbers on the cardboard strip on the bottle caps.
Your game set-up is now ready!
How to play?
- Place the cardboard strips on a flat surface and the bottle caps for your child.
- Encourage them to pick one cardboard strip at a time and place the numbers before and after.
Isn’t this fun?
How much time does your child to solve the number sequence? Let them try as many times as possible. Introduce them to the two digit and three digit numbers. Let them have fun learning maths with enjoyable play.
As your child sequences the numbers based on the number mentioned on the cardboard strips, their logical reasoning improves. They learn through play, which improves cognition and communication.
Activity done by Vishwajeet.