Recycle some household items to create an awesome craft! As your child cuts and pastes the pieces together, they develop their precision. How about asking your child to make surprise clothespin crafts for their friends? Go ahead and watch the video below to get a step-by-step on creating your ocean explorer clothespin fun activity video.
Parental Involvement: Low
Duration: 15 minutes
Skills Acquired: Creativity, Play, Explore
- A4 sheets
- Coloured Papers
- A pair of scissors
- Sketch pen
Instructions for Ocean Explorer Clothespin Fun Activity
- Place a clothespin on a paper and draw a shark.
- Paint the shark and define its features using a sketch pen.
- Cut out the shark out and cut it in half.
- Paste one half of the shark on one section of the clothespin.
- Paste the other half of the shark on the other section of the clothespin.
- On a smaller sheet of paper draw, colour and cut out a small fish.
- Stick the fish on the other side of the clothespin, at the bottom.
- Press open your clothespin. What do you see?
- On the A4 sheet, draw a treasure chest.
- Add details and colour the treasure chest. Cut it out.
- On a small piece, draw the treasures like gold coins, precious stones, etc.
- Cut the treasure chest along the centre.
- Stick each half on the top and bottom sections of the clothespin.
- Stick the treasure on the other side of the clothespin, at the bottom.
- Press to open the clothespin. What do you see?
Your clothespin props are ready!
How about creating your own clothespin prop by creating different elements. How about a smaller fish inside a whale? These clothespins are great as story-time props! Chomp, chomp, chomp swam the shark…! Your child creates the elements for the clothespin props, which enhances their fine motor and creativity. This apart, it’s a visual sensory play for them as they play with the props.
Activity by Vishwajeet