When someone mentions adventures of sea or the wide, wide oceans, you would recall a number of stories. Now then, how about helping your child create a story about the water world. How? Well, some coloured papers, glue, and a pair of scissors, you can snip and put together a story tableau. It can be used as a decor or as a prop! Here’s the ocean explorer sea story activity to get you started.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 35 minutes
Skills Acquired: Imagination, Creativity, Story Tell
- Coloured papers
- Sketch pen
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Ocean Explorer Sea Story Activity
- Place the coloured paper on a landscape manner and fold it into half.
- Draw dotted lines on the either side. Then, draw the waves.
- Cut the waves until the dotted lines. Unfold the coloured paper. Fold on either sides along the dotted lines.
- Create the underwater creatures and elements of sea that you want to include. Draw them on coloured papers and cut them out.
- Compose your story and glue the elements and creatures in place.
Your sea story is all ready!
Your child can fold and unfold the sea tableau. Encourage them to narrate a story that’s filled with undersea adventure. They put together the elements of sea and compose their sea story, which gives them leeway to express their creativity better. This apart, it’s all about understanding the different elements of sea.
Activity done by Vishwajeet