Can you count the raindrops in the sky? Well, now you can! Introduce your preschooler to counting and different textures with this activity. Help them create a rainy day with clouds and raindrops by sticking cotton and threading some yarn! Watch the video below to get a step-by-step on creating your sky adventure clouds & rains activity.
Parental Involvement: High
Duration: 25 minutes
Skills Acquired: Sensory, Fine Motor, Numeracy
- Coloured paper/chart
- Hole punch
Instructions for Sky Adventure Clouds & Rains Activity
- On a sheet of coloured paper, draw the cloud.
- Apply glue on the clouds and stick cotton.
- Using a hole punch, create holes along the edge of the paper.
- Thread the yarn through the holes.
- Help tie the knots.
- On another paper, draw and cut out raindrops.
- Apply glue on the raindrops and stick them on the yarn.
- Roll the coloured paper into a tube. Stick it along the edges.
- Punch holes along the top of the paper and thread yarn through the holes.
- Tie the yarn together to hang it.
The raindrops are all set for counting!
Hang up your rain & clouds craft on your wall and always feel the cool breeze! As your preschooler sticks the cotton pieces, encourage them to touch and feel the textures of the cotton. Once your little one sticks the raindrops, encourage them to count the number of raindrops. Engage in a conversation about the rainclouds and rain.
Activity by Vishwajeet