1, 2, 3… blast off! Are you ready to have a rocket launch right in your living room? Unleash your preschooler’s creativity as you both create a rocket. Design your rocket ship in any manner your little one likes! patterns, assemble the rocket, and blast off! Watch the video below to get a step-by-step on creating your sky adventure rocket in the sky.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Fine Motor, Coordination, Colour Recognition
- Recycled cardboard tubes
- Coloured papers
- Art supplies
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Sky Adventure Rocket In The Sky Activity
- Tape together two cardboard to create a rocket body.
- Cover it with coloured paper.
- Roll another coloured paper into a cone.
- Place the cone on top of the tube and trim away the excess.
- Use coloured paper to decorate the rocket.
- Finger-paint, colour, and draw on coloured papers to decorate the rocket.
- On a sheet of paper, draw and cut four wings for the rocket.
- Using glue, stick the wings at the bottom of the rocket.
- Stick your decorations on the rocket.
Ta-da, your rocket is all set to take off!
Encourage your preschooler to decorate the rocket however they please. Engage in a conversation about the different colours used. When your child assists you in assembling the rocket, it helps develop their self-confidence. Once you’ve completed the rocket, narrate a story! Here’s a story prompt: The rocket landed on the moon, what do you see?
Activity by Vishwajeet