Our solar system has the Sun, planets, asteroids, dwarf planets, and so on. Imagine creating a model of all the planets we know. Perhaps, even wear it as a hat. How? With some black chart and coloured papers, they can craft together a hat with planets and a sun. To know more, check out this space adventure my space hat activity that’s sure to tickle your little one’s curiosity.
Parental Involvement: Low
Duration: 20 minutes
Skills Acquired: Imagination, Fine Motor, Self-expression
- Black chart
- Coloured paper
- Paint – white
- Sketch pens
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Space Adventure My Space Hat Activity
- Cut two pieces from the black chart.
- Using the paintbrush, spray some white paint on the black chart.
- In squared piece of coloured papers, draw and cut out circles of different sizes. Add texture to them.
- Cut out some pieces for the sun’s rays.
- Stick the two pieces of black chart together to form a long space tableau.
- Then, stick the sun and the planets on the black chart.
- Stick the ends of the black chart to make it a hat.
Your space hat is ready for you to put on!
Ask your child to describe the solar system they have created. Then, introduce them to our solar system. We have the the Sun with eight planets, asteroid belt, and Pluto.
Your child imagines and creates a solar system from scratch and thus expressing their creativity. This apart, they learn about the solar system.
Activity done by Vishwajeet