Soar high and above like an aircraft! How often does your child get excited when they spot an aeroplane flying high above their head? Almost always, yes! Now, they can create their own flying aircraft at home with some coloured papers and straws. They can get started on flying with their own handmade paper aircraft. Here is the terrific transport flying high activity video to show you how.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Gross Motor, Play, Explore
- Coloured paper
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Terrific Transport Flying High Activity
- Cut thin strips of coloured paper.
- Cut one of the long strip in half.
- Tape the ends of the smaller and the longer strips into circles using tape.
- Stick the straws to each ends of the bigger circular strip.
- Stick the smaller circular strip atop the straw using tape.
- Then, stick the remaining straws at the other ends of the circular strips.
Your flying paper aircraft is all set to fly high!
Let your child play around with their handmade paper aircraft. How about a game? Get them to make a few more of these paper aircrafts of different colours and sizes. Then, play a game of which flies the farthest or fastest.
Your child explores and learns to new technique to create an aircraft. As they pretend play with it, their gross motor movements improve.
Activity done by Vishwajeet & Karthi