Spin, Spin, Spin your cycle, down the cobble street! Here we have a fun activity to enable your child to make their own handmade cycle art and flaunt their creativity. All it takes are cardboard and aluminium foil; your cycle is all set to rock the stage. Take a look at the terrific transport spin a cycle activity video to know more.
Parental Involvement: Medium
Duration: 30 minutes
Skills Acquired: Imagination, Fine Motor, Creativity
- Aluminium foil
- Sketch pen
- A pair of scissors
Instructions for Terrific Transport Spin A Cycle Activity
- Cut out two circles from the cardboard.
- Wrap the aluminium foil on the circles and trim off the excess. The wheels of the cycle are ready.
- Apply glue on the backside of wheels and stick them on the chart.
- Cut a straw in half. Stick each half on top of each wheel. (Refer to the video)
- Cut another in half. Stick one half connecting the earlier straws.
- Paste the other half diagonally. (Refer to the video)
- Stick a button on each wheel to resemble the hub.
- Use a sketch pen to draw the finer details of the cycle — the pedal, handlebar, and seat.
Your cycle art is now ready!
Encourage your child to invent a story. Eg: How about a story of the giraffe who wants to learn cycling. You may help them child make bicycles of different sizes. Let them get improvise and get creative!
As the child wraps the foil; stick the buttons and straws their fine motor skills improve. Their imagination and creativity also improve as they involve in an art-and-craft activity.
Activity done by Vishwajeet & Karthi